You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tlflorek

Tuesday, May 6th 2003, 8:12am

Soaker Hoses

I have some narrow flower beds that I water with the sponge type soaker hoses. I am adding these areas to my automatic system. Are there any major issues with using these types of hoses in an automatic system? Generally the hose has a washer with a 1/8" or so hole in it, probably to act as a pressure regulator. Should I remove the washer and regulate with a pressure regulator?

Terry
Terry

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 6th 2003, 4:29pm

Yes, connect a pressure regulator. Also, are you talking about the hose that you connect to a regular garden hose, or the hose specifically made for automatic drip irrigation?

Alex

tlflorek

Wednesday, May 7th 2003, 7:36am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Yes, connect a pressure regulator. Also, are you talking about the hose that you connect to a regular garden hose, or the hose specifically made for automatic drip irrigation?
Alex
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I am using the soaker hoses made to connect to a garden hose. They seem to work good for my area which is 100' x 3'. I run 2 hoses off of a Y-connector. These are the sponge material rather than the pvc hoses with embedded drippers. I roll them up for the winter and get several years of use from them.

Terry
Terry

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 7th 2003, 4:18pm

They should work, just remember to get that pressure regulator on them.

Alex

Rate this thread