You are not logged in.

denverbuck

Starting Member

Monday, June 16th 2008, 4:10pm

Zone 1 worked, but now not enough pressure

Each year I do some upgrades to the parts of my rainbird sprinkler system. Last year I did replace a few of the rainbird nozzles with adjustable spray heads (more GPMs). I did notice afterwards it took a good 5 -10 seconds to get going but it worked. Now it’s a new season and I can’t get any pressure into zone1. The heads just spit out fountains of water around the edges. My upgrade for this year was that I re-ran part of the copper 3/4 line from the mainline to the PVB outside. This was done so I could get the pipe out of the way so I can finish the basement. I am wondering if anyone has advice to get the pressure back into the zone? Did I do something wrong when I re-activated the system this year? I have a pressure regulator after the meter and I screwed the setting to the highest possible level but doesn’t seem to help

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 17th 2008, 1:00am

Low pressure

Try turning the valve on with the bleeder screw. If it works then the valve needs repair. Even if it doesn't work it could still be the valve. Listen carefully to see if you can hear the water rushing through the valve. --- Look for flooding. There might be a broken pipe or broke off sprinkler.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!