You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Hootty

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 17th 2008, 9:45pm

Rotor that can shutoff

I have a corner rotor that I now need to be able to shutoff so it isn't filling the kids' sandbox. I currently have all irratrol heads, but they don't make a "lockable" head. I found the Hunter I20 that I believe will do what I need by using the "flow control shutoff". Does anyone have any experience if that will work as a "long-term" shutoff unless it gets really dry and I want to turn it back on? I'll have this problem for a couple of years, but don't want to cap the line since eventually the sandbox will go & periodically I'll still want to use that head if that area gets too dry. Any other suggestions or products that would do the same thing??? Thanks.

worachj

Advanced Member

Wednesday, June 18th 2008, 9:15am

Some nozzle sets include a blank nozzle plug for turning off sprinklers heads. Maybe you can find a nozzle set that fits your irratrol heads.

Hunters PGP rotor low angle nozzle set has a blank nozzle plug.

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Low-Angle-Nozzle-Set-for-PGP-Rotor-p/pgp-rotor-low-angle-nozzle-set.htm

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 8:45pm

Put a small ball valve on the pipe that feeds the head. You may also put in a valve box to give you easy access.

Good luck. It is not the easiest solution, but it will give you years of ease of operation once it is in.

Dan :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Hootty

Unregistered

Friday, June 20th 2008, 8:27am

Thanks for the good suggestions. I put in the Hunter i-20 for now, and we'll see how that works (seems good so far).

Rate this thread