You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wet feet

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 18th 2008, 5:17pm

valve

I have a valve a rainbird dvf -100 that leaks out of the bleed off also it won't shut off by the bleeder just the flow control .

if Itake the bleed of screw out and hold my finger on it it will shut off, but not by the screw or in auto either, any ideas thanks in advance

mrfixit

Wednesday, June 18th 2008, 5:52pm

Wont shut off

That leak at the bleeder screw is why it wont shut off. The screw might be cross threaded or it's just not tight enough. You could try putting teflon tape on the screw. Keep that screw from leaking and it will shut off. You might need a new screw. See if you can turn the valve on manually by turning the solenoid counter clockwise instead of using the bleeder screw.

Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

wet feet

Unregistered

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 7:38am

valve

I tried a different screw and no sucsess I can start it by turning the solinoid any other ideas besides replaceing the valve?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 7:56am

Replace the valve 'guts' and cover with another of the same.

WET FEET

Unregistered

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 7:10pm

rainbird 500 sprinkler head

I have a rain bird 500 that seems to stick in one postion if i give it a nudge it continues on but sticks again always in the same spot .

A ny ideas thanks in advance.

P.S I replaced the valve that had a bleeder leaking cheaper then the repair kit and all is well with that part

Rate this thread