You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Roklem

Monday, June 23rd 2008, 10:22am

Poly pipe, 60 PSI???

I was getting ready to place a larger order for the majority of my sprinkler system parts on sprinklerwarehouse.com, however I see an issue with the poly pipe. Unforunately when you call thier number, they claim they don't offer any assistance with the products, and their voicemail boxes are all full.

~8 GPM, 3/4 main pipe (5/8 meter), ~40 psi, OHIO

I was going to run SCH40 from the deduct meter inside my house to the backflow (1" PVB) outside, then convert to 1" 200 psi pvc for the mainline. The mainline will be buried at about 10". After the valves, I was going to convert to poly. My issues is, I haven't seen poly anywhere that is 60 psi other than this site. I've tried to find a good source of poly in Columbus at a decent cost without a lot of luck ($40 per 100'). At $16 per 100' the sprinklerwarehouse.com stuff looks good, but I'm concerned about the quality. Even the slighest extra pressure on winterization could blow all the lines. I also planed to use the 1" to 1/2" FT blazing saddles (1/2" male/male threaded adapter to fit all my 1804's with MPRotators), but they're built for 80/100 PSI pipe.

Note, they also list 3.6 GPM as the spec for this 1" poly, so maybe the 60 psi is wrong as well...

While we're at it, anyone see issues with the design I've listed? The only main unresolved issue I have is how/what to install for drains.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 23rd 2008, 1:52pm

The DiG tubing looks like a drip product, and not the tubing used by lawn sprinkler installers. The 'real thing' is too bulky to ship UPS, so you have to get that locally.

Roklem

Monday, June 23rd 2008, 2:16pm

Thanks, that's kind of what I figured. Any commends on the rest of the design/thought process?

I can get this locally at $36 "Silverline Plastic Corporation Pipe- Poly NSF 100lb- 1in 300ft roll". Any thoughts on that product if I can't find anything less expensive?

Thanks,
Eric

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 23rd 2008, 3:23pm

$36 for a 300 foot roll of 1-inch NSF poly? NSF is the key here, since tubing that meets NSF specs is likely to be good stuff.

Roklem

Monday, June 23rd 2008, 5:24pm

NSF yes, 36 per 100' (108 for the 300' roll, sorry).

Roklem

Tuesday, June 24th 2008, 4:33pm

Anybody else with design thoughts?

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 3:08pm

I buy my 300 ft roll at lowes. I like the blazing saddles but my favorite are the dawn t's. I dont see much elsse to comment on in your original post. Nothing wrong with that.

Rate this thread