You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tdelker

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 3:55pm

Pressure Regulator?

I have the Dura-3PGV-Barb - 3 Valve Standard Manifold System with the PGJ-06 rotors. The pressure is too high at the heads, and I am getting a lot of misting.

I am looking for an inline pressure regulator to use with this system, preferably one that I can put at the in side of the manifold, so I only need one, but it would be under constant pressure.

Any suggestions would be appeciated!

Tom

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 3:57am

Use flow-control zone valves

tdelker

Unregistered

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 3:03pm

too late

The system is already installed. I don't want to replace valves when a pressure regulator is cheaper.

I'm thinking the Rainbird 50 psi pressure regulator.

Tom

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 6:48pm

Hi: I know Watts makes adjustable pressure regulators in 3/4 " on up. With system already installed, one can be placed before valves, and adjust the screw on top to fine tune your pressure. Added benifit is the system will have less pressure wear and tear. There is a 1" Watts on eBay . Item number: 290240292920. Jeff

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 7:54pm

RE: too late

The system is already installed. I don't want to replace valves when a pressure regulator is cheaper.

I'm thinking the Rainbird 50 psi pressure regulator.

Tom
Unsound reasoning. Rainbird's regulators are not meant for continuous pressure. You can just swap out the bonnets of your existing valves with flow-control bonnets, and leave the valve bodies in place.

mrfixit

Friday, June 27th 2008, 1:46pm

Try this.

This might be what you're looking for. I've only used one of these on drip. I don't know what will happen with rotors.
http://www.diy.digcorp.com/drip_irrigation/products/view_product/52
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jun 27th 2008, 2:03pm)

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Friday, June 27th 2008, 10:46pm

DIG pressure regulator.

Head Assembly
Although it says it's maximum inlet pressure is 125 PSI, I am hesitant to use it under constant pressure. Maybe someone more experienced can comment. At any rate, it definitely requires filtration, or will clog and not work. You might also check to make sure it is designed to handle the higher volume than normally associated with drip irrigation, for which it was designed. Jeff

mrfixit

Friday, June 27th 2008, 11:26pm

You're right

You're right. I misread. You do not want to use this under constant pressure. You want a brass pressure regulator if it's going to be under constant pressure. Otherwise you're taking an unnecessary risk of breakage. I guess I'm human afterall dammit.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread