You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

AndrewNJ

Starting Member

Saturday, April 3rd 2021, 11:01am

Spring Startup Issues

I need help!
2 year old 6 zone system (3 front yard, 3 backyard) that I’m trying to startup for spring by myself for the first time.
Even though I have 6 zones, I have 8 solenoid control valves (split between 2 control boxes with 4 valves in each, I assume 1 box for the front and 1 for the back)
I turned them all on because I don’t know what belongs with what. At first, very weak water coming out of all sprinklers. But then I noticed that I have 2 extra lines without sprinkler heads (1 in the front, 1 on the sideyard). 1 of these had a flimsy cap on that shot off like a bullet. The water was gushing out of these 2 extra lines.
I tried turning the valves off 1by 1 thinking the extra lines were for future zones if I wanted so no need for water to be sent to those lines, but I couldn’t isolate them. Any ideas?

mrfixit

Saturday, April 3rd 2021, 8:27pm

Try disconnecting one of the wires from each of the two unused valves. Then turn the flow controls all the way down. You're good to go.

Rate this thread