You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jonathan Watson

Unregistered

Thursday, May 20th 2021, 11:08am

Not Getting Pressure (?)

Hello everyone! Some help would be awesome. I'm going to try my best to explain this.

It seems like my pump is not pushing enough water.

So, here how I prime the pump at the beginning of the year. I'll turn the pump on. If no water or I can tell the pump is louder than it should be, I'll turn the pump off and connect a garden hose. I'll the hose run with the pump off until I see water coming out of the sprinkler heads. After I let it run that way for a few minutes I'll the pump on with the hose on and still running. Once the pump starts running properly with full pressure to the zone, I'll close the intake valve on the pump. From there the pump usually works fine all summer.

This year... I went through the same process. However, I'm only getting about half pressure to the zones closest to the pump. When I switch to a zone farther away, water will dribble out the sprinkler heads but it does not have enough power to actually push the head out of the ground.

For the zones that are working at about half pressure... they will only work that way as long as the garden hose is connected and flowing into the pump. As soon as I close the valve on the pump the sprinkler heads slowly lose pressure and slip back into the ground.

Here are the things I've tried...

I emptied the pump and re-primed it. Same issue.
I took the index valve apart to check and see if it was getting stuck or was cracked or anything. It all looked to be in good working order. I've also check all of the heads to make sure water was coming out of them when the hose was connected and flowing. It does not seem that any of them are blocked.

Admittedly, I'm new to this and am now out of ideas. Attached is a picture of my system. We live in florida and it's a shallow well pump I believe.

Any help would be awesome!