You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

vIRGINIA bOOMER

Unregistered

Saturday, May 22nd 2021, 2:55pm

Rapid cycling of pressure switch

I just replaced the Square D pressure switch for my lawn irrigation system pump. With the controller off and the sprinkler field valve in the off position, the pressure drops to 30 psi, the pump quickly raises the pressure tp 50 psi, the pressure stays at 50 psi for several seconds and then drops rapidly again to 30 psi. This cycle occurs every 6 seconds. I can not leave the pump powered in this condition, meaning that I have to prime the well every time I want to use it. I am interested to know if anyone has a suggestion other than pulling the well head and checking the pipe and head for damage/leaks. Thanks in advance

Rate this thread