You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Nathan C

Starting Member

Friday, June 11th 2021, 4:43pm

Elbow joint with a hole/drain

One of my zones was running with really low pressure and barely popping up the heads. I found a pool where the pipes come from the valve box and go to the zone. Where it corners is an elbow joint and I figured out the water is gushing from a hole on the bottom side but the hole is built into the elbow. What is the purpose of that and how do I plig it back up to stop the leak? Do I need to replace the elbow joint?

mrfixit

Friday, June 11th 2021, 10:46pm

Is this what you're talking about?

If this is it, they either had the hole capped off or it was attached to something. It might need to be hooked back up.

They might have ran out of elbows then used one of these in a pinch. There might be broke off threads in the hole.

I can't imagine what else could be there. A pic or two could help. imgBB.com

Rate this thread