You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

OscarNav1

Sunday, July 27th 2008, 10:07pm

Proper way to tie on a main line (Poly 1" line)

Hi there, here i am again asking for help for my new backyard system i will be installing. I recently bought a new home, the front yard came with a sprinkler system, back was all bare dirt, and weeds. I think i have found the 1" poly mainline that comes from the Backflow preventer to the existing two valve manifold. I need to tap into it to run another small mainline to feed 3 more valves. I plan on installing a 1" ball valve and a 1" T for shutting off and winterizing purposes, but i have no clue what to use to T off the existing. All my installation experience from my other house was in PVC, i have never worked with poly pipe.

Can someone advise whats the easiest way to do this....? Cutting the pipe, fitting/s to use, and ties i'd need to secure this...? Thank you.