You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rklakkar

Starting Member

Tuesday, July 29th 2008, 10:12am

Puddles around the sprinkler head

Hi Experts, I am new to this forum and also a newbie at sprinkler systems. I just got a sprinkler system and lawn put in. I am not getting good throughtput through some of the heads. I see puddles around the heads. The heads do pop up and sprinkle but very weakly. Any ideas on whats going on?

Any help will be appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 29th 2008, 11:34am

Sounds like low pressure. Maybe there's a partially-closed valve somewhere. Or the installers could have miscalculated how much water they actually had to work with. Or you might be seeing what is common with new sod on heavy soil, when the sprinklers are set for keeping the sod from drying out. Sod health is more important than some temporary puddling.

Rate this thread