You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bosakie

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 11:26am

Hunter PGV does not shut off

I have just completed my irrigation installation, 16 zones.

All zones work properly except for one, when the zone kicks on it will not shut off. The only way I can get it to shut off is to shut off the supply line for a few seconds and then turn it back on. I have shut the controller off, but still the same. I have reset the controller and reprogrammed the controller still the same thing.

I did this on the initial installation, then worked fine for a couple weeks, but has started to do it again.

Is this a wiring issue?

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 3:42pm

Could be debrie in valve.

Hi:

Could be wiring, but I'd check for debrie in the valve. You didn't mention the model, but it also could be an issue with the flow control, if yours has one. Most likely debrie.

If you think it is the wiring, next tiiome it doesn't close, what happens if you unplug the controller? Does it then close? Then it may be the controller, but I still bet on dirt under the valves diaphram seat.

Let us know what you findout.

Jeff

Friday, February 27th 2009, 12:16pm

either

Junk in the valve or just a faulty valve. Change it and use an irritrol 2400 if you can. good luck

www.irrigationsolutions.com

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 10:00am

The problem seems to be either dirt/debris in the valve body or on the diaphram. carefully take the questionable valve apart and look inside for small debris that can be removed (sometimes a small pebble or rock will cause the diaphram not to reseat). Gently flush the opened valve body by cracking open the water main (best done in a 2 person operation with 2 way communication). Don't go to much or you're likely to blast material back into it. Take a clean towel and wash and wipe the diaphram clean (inspect it for any cracks or tears). Rebuild the valve. If that does not work, try a replacement diaphram... If that doesn't work, consider a warped valve body and change out the entire valve.

www.OSLSprinkler.com

debo

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 1:06pm

The problem seems to be either dirt/debris in the valve body or on the diaphram. carefully take the questionable valve apart and look inside for small debris that can be removed (sometimes a small pebble or rock will cause the diaphram not to reseat). Gently flush the opened valve body by cracking open the water main (best done in a 2 person operation with 2 way communication). Don't go to much or you're likely to blast material back into it. Take a clean towel and wash and wipe the diaphram clean (inspect it for any cracks or tears). Rebuild the valve. If that does not work, try a replacement diaphram... If that doesn't work, consider a warped valve body and change out the entire valve.

www.OSLSprinkler.com
Rebuild the valve? For me an close family with with rotors I just replace since a $4 PGP is not worth the time and effort. But they are a nice market for residental fixes at $60+ per head.

Rate this thread