You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

OscarNav1

Sunday, September 21st 2008, 12:22am

Irritrol 2400TF, How too adjust...?

I have all my valves installed, to my main lines. I was just wondering how to adjust the flow on these valves. I see they have a bleed screw and another screw (looks like for a flat blade screwdriver), could this be it...? I see no gain or less signs on the valve. How do you guys do this on this valve...? Please advise....Thanks

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Sunday, September 21st 2008, 1:29am

Valve "screws"

Most valves have a "bleed" scew. Open it by turning counter clockwise, and when pressurized, the valve will open, causing water to flow thru it downstream. This is a convient way to manually open the valve. After opening with this screw, you can close the valve by turning it clockwise.

The flow adjustment is usually a bigger "screw" which adjust the flow (somewhat) thru the valve when water is flowing thru it. Some use this as an adjustment once the zone is installed, such as in instances where misting occurs with sprayheads.

Jeff

mrfixit

Sunday, September 21st 2008, 3:36am

Flow control

Some 2400 valves have a flow control screw some don't. From what you've described apparently yours does. The newer valves have a black screw which were badly needed to replace the white one which used to break if you tried to adjust them. I have found that it's difficult to adjust the flow control on some valves while the valve is running. The 2400 is one of these. I turn the valve on manually with the bleeder screw and adjust the flow control. If I'm not able to adjust the flow control low enough while it's running I'll shut off the bleeder screw and adjust some more while the valve is closing. It takes two or three times of turning the valve on and off to get the flow just right with the 2400TF.

Rate this thread