You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

clueless

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 28th 2008, 6:18am

Spray to drip

I have a 6 zone Hunter sprinkler system with PJG, PGP, and SRS sprinkler heads running on 40 PSI (perhaps less now with the new homes built around me). I would like to change one zone made up of SRS sprinkler heads to a drip system. Can I just replace the sprinkler heads with drip heads or do I need to replace the valve with a pressure compensating valve in addition to replacing the heads?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 28th 2008, 8:02pm

You can usually leave the valve, but you will need to cut into the pipe to add filtration and mabye a pressure reducer.
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

clueless

Unregistered

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 6:20am

Spray to drip

Thanks HiTodd. That is what the local sprinkler parts dealer recommended. I would like to put the filter and pressure regulator about 1-2 foot away from the valve, will I encounter any problems doing that?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 8:54am

It should be pretty easy. Just dig enough room for you to work smart and clean as possible. Have a towel close by to wipe your hands on or clean pipe with.
Dan
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Saturday, November 1st 2008, 10:48am

a suggestion

I agree, but you may want to consider the Rainbird 1800 Retro. It replaces one of your heads, and has a self contained filter and pressure reducer. Theyn just cap off the other heads. Often, on my conversions, I might use two or more on a zone, if I need 1/2 line at other locations. At $14 or less they are relatively inexpensive, neat and easy. Available at this sights sponser, www.sprinklerwarehouse.com , and your local supplier

Jeff

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 1:00pm

you should

You should add a pressure reducer, a filter and a place to clean the filter but you could just go off the valve and let it go. You should use Netafim as your drip line. The rest of the drip is junk

www.irrigationsolutions.com

Rate this thread