You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

zebramidge

Starting Member

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 6:04am

upgrade from hose bib system

hi. great site here. trying to do diy project in a rural location.

i'm currently running a drip system from a hose bib. i'd like to upgrade to an automatic valve system and tie in from the pipe leading to the hose bib. i know this isn't ideal, but my water needs are simple (another 1/2 "drip zone and a 3/4" poly pipe zone to a maxi paw or two to water a small yard)and we're used to the sound of water running through the house.

what is a good configuration for connecting the PVB from the hose bib pipe out of the house? can i tee horizontally from the faucet location? it seems like PVBs are designed to accept inflow from a vertical pipe coming out of the ground.

also, our winters aren't severe but i've been draining my existing drip line each year to winterize. i would do the same with new zones. people around here tell me not to worry about the valves or pvb freezing but i'd still like to take some basic precautions. unfortunately no one around here provides this service. is there a simple way to at least drain or blow out the valves and pvb i can do myself?

thanks in advance.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 9:03am

The PVB itself must be installed 12" above any water outlet that it is supplying. It should also be installed in the configuration that you see it the bell assembly needs to be able to diffuse water up and out with even distribution.

I don't have experience with blowing out system for winterization, but a lot of the talent on the site does.

Back to your question the incoming pipe to the PVB can be horizontal and 90 up and get verticle.
good luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 1:19pm

Any PVB can be drained without blowing air through it.

Rate this thread