You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

quantm

Tuesday, June 3rd 2003, 3:42pm

Barbed fittings for poly pipe

Are there any neat tricks for inserting barbed fittings into poly pipe? Water, silicone, heat?

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 3rd 2003, 7:11pm

Don't heat poly pipe! It weakens is and eventually may cause a slow leak. Use dishsoap and water. Dip the fitting in water, or just drop a little dish soap on the barbs and it should be easier to slip in. To save you time for tees, instead of cutting and clamping a tee on, I would use a saddle tee or a blazing saddle tee. They work just as good, if not better than a regular tee, and are a LOT quicker to install!

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 5th 2003, 8:49am

Ditto RVLI with regards to the T's. Both types work well in my experience and are tons better than the standard insert T's and pipe clamps.

Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 22nd 2003, 11:27am

Watch the soap though with how much you put in,,,,,,,my neighbor a while back installed his own system, before i got into it, and loaded the pipe up with soap, and when he went to test, he had a very soapy lanw!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread