You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Zavala62

Sunday, March 29th 2009, 1:21pm

Control Valves

I just completed installation of five Hunter PGV Control valves, 1.5". One of the valves has worked twice but now will not work. I hear a click in the valve but no water is released into the stations. I have checked the wiring and even changed the power wire from another valve, but to no avail. You reckon I have a bad valve or is debris the problem? Thanks...Robert

mrfixit

Sunday, March 29th 2009, 3:09pm

Debris

It's most likely debris clogging a port. I've seen chunks of glue stuck inside a valve. Could be a grain of sand. Slim chance the flow control is down too low. Slim chance there's a defective solenoid. You could swap solenoids on a valve next to it. Slim chance it's a defective diaphragm clogging a port. There's more but I think it's probably just debris.