You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RjNovia

Friday, April 17th 2009, 2:27pm

Sprinkler heads

I have a Toro brand system working well. All my bodies and heads are 570 XF modles. Some fixed and others rotate. I am adding a zone that I want to water 18 new Arborvitae trees set between the homes. These trees are 4' apart in a straight line covering an area about 80' long and 3' wide. So it's a "strip" of trees. I do not want to water the neighbors lawn or my driveway in excess! I have 2' feet on either side of the trees to set the heads. Q1: How many bodies will I need. Q2: what heads do I use.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 17th 2009, 6:29pm

Use drip irrigation if you don't want overthrow. A double line of drip tubing along each side of the row will do the trick.

RjNovia

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 1:04pm

Wet_boots, This is a good idea. I have very little experience so thanks. I saw "drip lines" but did not know if they could be installed "added" along with the other six rotor heads, that water the open lawn, on that zone.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 5:35pm

Drip generally runs by itself, because it applies water more slowly than rotors or sprays.

Rate this thread