You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 11:15am

Wilkins question that got emailed to me

kingjag@nc.rr.com sent the following ~
My 975 xl just dumps out water out the bottom vent. I replaced the ball valves today due to winter cracks. I cannot figure out why the water just pours out the bottom. Does it matter that one of the test cocks is not facing up? I could not get a tight fit and in order to do so it is off center and facing at 9:00. Otherwise I took the check covers off and nothing seemed amiss.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I don't look to do repairs on frozen RPZs, on account of the strong possibility that the brass castings may be warped.

backflow505

Starting Member

Saturday, January 16th 2010, 8:23pm

Wilkins 975XL

They installation should not matter. It sounds like you have a cracked seat on the #1 Check Valve. Or a faulty relief valve. Try to flow water through the backflow and see if it stops. If it stops leaking out the relief valve it is something in the #1 check valve.