You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

nipsmg

Saturday, May 9th 2009, 1:36pm

Febco 825Y leaking from back of relief value.

I moved into a house last year with a Febco 825Y sprinkler system.

I had a guy come out to flush the system last year, and water was leaking out of a hole on the back of the relief valve. He said it would cost a lot more for him to fix it, and told me just to get a set of replacement rubbers and replace the diaphragm. I did that without a problem and turned the system back on, but there is still water flowing out of the hole in the back.

It's odd though, because there are 5 holes in the back. 4 line up with the bolts in the front, and one doesnt. It's the one in the back that doesn't line up with a bolt that's leaking water, and there's nothing in it. Shoudl there be a bolt or screw or plug there that's missing?

Any help would be appreciated. I've looked at all of the manuals I can find for the 825y (there's a ton online) but I can't seem to find out what the hell that hole is for so I'm not entirely sure where to start.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.

--Mike

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 9th 2009, 2:15pm

Bring back some photos. It may be that the device is freeze-damaged.

nipsmg

Saturday, May 9th 2009, 2:49pm

Sorry about the quality, my camera is dead and I had to use my cell phone.

Both winters I had the system professionally flushed so I'd hope to god it's not freeze damage.

You can see, there are 2 holes in the picture where the bolts come through, this one is at the bottom and doesn't line up with a bolt on the front.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 10th 2009, 8:56am

There isn't supposed to be a hole there, if I correctly recall. You may need to shop around for another RPZ.