You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

debo

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 2:55pm

I could careless on what others say and have installed sys for a few...On my own house, 12 zones, 80 rotors, etc I had to install a water hammer and bam, no more noise.

secutanudu

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 3:17pm

I could careless on what others say and have installed sys for a few...On my own house, 12 zones, 80 rotors, etc I had to install a water hammer and bam, no more noise.
Sorry - you installed a what? And where?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 12th 2009, 8:55am

You said you were seeing movement at the ICV. You do not want this. You will have the PRV connected upstream of any of the plastic pipe. Then the plastic won't be getting hammered so much.
Re-reading this thread, I realized that I did not properly describe how my system is set up.

Basically...the ICV valve comes before the manifold and the rest of the valves (Hunter PGV Jar-top), so the only plastic parts under constant pressure come before the ICV valve, which is simply a couple feet of PVC pipe and a few fittings. There is also one 90 degree manifold elbow and one schedule 80 PVC nipple just before the ICV valve.

Should 150 pounds of pressure slamming into a pressure regulator be OK? Isn't that what it's for?

I guess getting a threaded regulator in after the backflow device would be manageable, I am just trying to decide how necessary it is (the system cost me much more than I have expected already).

Thanks for all the advice.

Rate this thread