You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

beklund

Unregistered

Monday, June 15th 2009, 3:15pm

Re-Designing an existing Lake system

I have an existing lawn sprinkler system on a lake and I'd like to convert our bayonet sprinkler heads with popup style heads and a submearsable pump.

I need a pump capable of powering 18 heads that throw water at least 40 feet each. The rise from the water level is about 35 feet with a 2 inch line that splices into two 1 1/2 inch lines that make a circle around our house. We have about one acre of lawn about 340 feet deep by 100 feet wide. I want to make just one zone so I won't have to re-install a bunch of new lines and valves. Also one zone will enable me to put a simple on and off timer for the whole system.

How much power do I need at the pump?

Which sprinkler heads do you recommend?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 12:44am

You have the small problem of a system that wasn't designed for water flowing from every sprinkler head at the same time. You also have existing heads that throw farther than standard popup rotors will reliably throw.
Now, if your budget permitted, you could look at this like a golf course. Instead of the system being split into zones, you use sprinkler heads with control valves built into them. All very expensive.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 5:36pm

You need gallons per minute of flow how many heads you need to add up. What is there operating pressure, you have
elevation how deep is the water.

with out that you got nada.

Good Luck.

budget?
5000.00, 10,000.00, 15,000.00
:thumbup: :thumbsup: