You are not logged in.

Frankpc

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 10:24am

3/4" compression Tee with outboard clamps?

I'm told of a main line 3/4" brass compression Tee that has outboard clamps attached to support the 3/4" copper line it attaches to. Anyone heard of such a thing and if so, any idea where to get one? I've searched but can't find anything online. A friend may send a picture of it, if he can find one.

Frank

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 5:54am

Way too advanced for the DIY crowd. That is the domain of the waterworks suppliers. The guys who sell fire hydrants. Why would anyone want to be working below the frost line in Kansas?

Frankpc

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 8:29am

Hi there WB...

I don't think anyone would want to do that. But the problem is... The main water line comes in about 4 foot down - I'm told - So some/ most(?) taps are made there. I have no plans to dig down to find out. But I was really just curious as to what the thing is and how it was made. I just couldn't find a picture of it. And I'm not real sure of the purpose of the clamps. I figure the clamps help keep the pipe from pulling out of the Tee. However, being under 4 foot of dirt, I would think they wouldn't move very far.

Frankpc

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 8:05am

Thanks WB for the link to the Pack Joint Tee. It does look secure. It would seem that the longitudinal line wouldn't move anyway without the added clamps. But the stem connection might be made more secure with the added clamp.

Thanks again!

Frank

Rate this thread