You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

murrsue

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 8:00am

Is the Hunter PGV jar top a good choice?

I'm choosing the valves for my system. Is the Hunter PGV-101JT-MB a good choice? Will they work well on a 3 valve manifold? Are they physically larger than other valves, it's hard to tell in the pictures.

Wednesday, September 9th 2009, 8:21pm

depends on how you look at it

jar-tops are a quick easy fix. in my experience, if there is enough room to fit your hands in the box. i like to dig the whole valve up anyhow to get enough drain clearance. im just a clean/ neat freak when it comes to valves.

they are a bit larger than say, a pgv. or srv. i dont do srv. i replace the tops with pgv tops. perfect fit.

oldfella47

Starting Member

Tuesday, August 7th 2012, 2:47pm

Gravity fed small veg garden drip system.

Just built a 3000 lt tank, grey, and rain water tank, having passed it through 3 filter systems, it is then kept in a 1000 lt container. Having mains electricity at the site, I have bought Hunter PGV 101 JT to connect to a mains timer.
Now comes the stupid question, " What do I do with 2 RED wires and no rude answer's Please " Don't tell me I have to buy something else to make it work, cos I need an instruction sheet to change the battery in my flash-light ?(

Tuesday, August 7th 2012, 3:47pm

The two red wires coming out of the solenoid on the valve connect to the wires from the controller.
You'll have one control wire connected to the zone on the controller, one common wire.
Each valve will have it's own unique red wire going to a unique connection on the controller.
The common wire, usually white, will connect to all of them.

It doesn't make any difference which wire connects to which on the solenoid.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 7th 2012, 8:38pm

We hope you have a pump - you cannot gravity-feed water through an electric diaphragm valve

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 8:07am

To expand on Boots comment, that valve needs 20 psi to open.

Rate this thread