You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dzuroff

Thursday, June 26th 2003, 6:29am

Broken Pipe?

I am going to be replacing all the sprinkler heads on a system that is around 20 years old. I noticed that at two head locations I can see water bubbling up from underneath the ground. It could be the head itself, but worst case could I be looking at a cracked pipe? If so, how do I go about repairing it? I haven't dug these locations up yet so I don't know what I am going to see, but I wanted to educated myself before doing so, so once I have the pipe exposed I can repair it then rather than having to get back to it later.

Bear in mind that I don't have much experience yet on maintaining/repairing sprinkler systems, but I am learning as I go. :)

<font face='Arial'>I realized after I posted this is under the wrong topic. If it can be moved, please do so and I apologize!</font id='Arial'>

Edited by - dzuroff on Jun 26 2003 11:32:52 AM

Edited by - RVLI on Jun 26 2003 12:03:35 PM

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 26th 2003, 7:04am

Is there water bubbling around the head..or in the middle of the lateral? If its around the head you most likely have a cracked riser.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 26th 2003, 11:22am

You would first have to see what kind of pipe it is ........... befor you can purchase items to repair it!!!!!!

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread