You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jnorris

Unregistered

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 6:26pm

EZFlo installation through 1/2" PVC plug

I have a valve installed just like this:

http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/instal08.htm

This diagram (and accompanying notes) claims that the 1/2" PVC plugs allow fertilizers to be added to the system later. However, the EZFlo installation instructions doesn't address installing to this kind of setup. It only deals with installing T's in the main supply line. Can I utilize this 1/2" PVC plug? Would this area have enough or the right kind of "flow" for the fertilizer to work correctly?

Thanks,
-Jeremy

EZ-FLO

Unregistered

Thursday, August 12th 2010, 11:32am

1/2" PVC Plug

Do not install a fertilizer injector in this configuration. You will notice the plugs are on each side of a zone valve and if utilized for an injector will render the valve useless. The injector will create a bypass for the irrigation water so the valve will never perform its intended function of stopping the flow. I would be very hesitant to take any direction from this website as it appears the author is not a competent professional.