You are not logged in.

mrfixit

Sunday, November 1st 2009, 9:01pm

Ok Frank listen up. Take the solenoids off. Take the handle under the solenoids off, that on/off lever. See the thing under that lever? It's black or white in color. Make sure those are snug. Use the on/off handle to tighten them. Don't over do it. Replace the handles approx 1" from the valve stem on the OFF side of that lever. Replace the solenoids. That might do the trick.

faithfulfrank

Advanced Member

Sunday, November 1st 2009, 9:13pm

Thank you MrFixit!

I'll do that tomorrow. I did not know there was anything to do/check inside the solenoid. I appreciate the good help and the education.

I knew I needed to learn more about the solenoids.......yesterday one of them did not seem to be working correctly. I think it was my fault, perhaps not having them screwed on at the right depth or something. Today they were working fine.
Yesterday if I had them snug to the valve,no water would go through, too loose, even just enough to let water flow and they would not turn off. Today all was well except for the excessive leaking on one zone.

Thanks again. Frank
"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"

faithfulfrank

Advanced Member

Monday, November 2nd 2009, 8:26pm

MrFixit,

You're the best. I did what you said, and I now see how the solenoids come off. I did check that white thing inside, and it seemed tight. I see how you use the other part of the solenoid to tighten it, etc. It seemed tight, and I felt like I really did not do anything, but low and behold, the zone no longer leaks.

As of now, the whole system is perfect. Since I'm only down here twice a year and since water is so expensive down here, checking the system is one of the first things I do when we get here. It seems each time I'm fixing a pipe or replacing a rotor, etc.

This time I was stumped because I did not expect to have to work on the "new" valves. I really appreciate your help. SprinklerWarehouse does not stock any valve parts for Irritrol valves, so I'm glad you helped me fix things without needing parts. I'm kind of surprised they do not stock the parts, since these valves were well recommended and I bought the valves from them.

Thanks to you I learned a lot this trip. We'll see what I find next April......

Thank you again!!! Frank.
"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"

Rate this thread