You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

94ndta

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 6:37pm

CANNOT find control valves.

I am having issues finding my box in which my control valves are located in. I just purchased my house this year and received very little info on sprinkler system. Well it turns out the who ever installed it burried my box either under the rocks or somewhere in my yard. Not a huge deals, but I beleive that the cable company severed the power to my valves. I did not use my sprinkler after my cable was installed due to all the rain we recieved. I had my friend who has winterized sprinkler systems many times try it, and had nothing work. He said we can normally see if the valves are getting power if we find the box, but we cannot.

That, and winter is coming. The ground is not forzen here yet (Fargo, ND) and we have insulated what we need to and drained what we can outside.

I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do. I have basically been poking around my entire back yard with a screw driver.

I really do not want my sprinkler system to be wrecked. It is a hunter system by the way.

mrfixit

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 8:43pm

Yep the cable company is very good at breaking pipes and cutting wires. If you're not able to find the valves you'll need a wire locator. You can rent one but your best bet is to hire a professional sprinkler person who owns one. They aren't always cut n dry. They can be tricky to use. You can trace the wires. Find the break in the wires. Then trace the wires directly to the valves. Could easily be under those rocks. Seen that many times.

3pukcagxc

Unregistered

Saturday, November 14th 2009, 10:28pm

Finding Valves

OHM out your zone wires. You should read between 20-60 OHMS. If you do, your wires are not cut. If you get little to no OGMs reading, they likely are cut.