You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, December 5th 2009, 10:02pm

new installation leaks and clogs

I have just finished installing my first attempt at a drip irrigation system. This system was designed by a local irrigation company. I am putting in 20-30 nut trees and using micro sprinklers. I also put in a well to support the irrigation.

Everything seemed to work OK at first (last week), but now that I have covered all the trenches, there seems to be random sprinkler failures, not always the same ones - some are weak, some sputter, and some just leak drops.

Also, a number of the quick connect rainbird elbow are leaking where they connect to the male adaptor connector into the 1" pvc. This is a push on connection with no glue or compression, so I don't know of anything to do to fix them. Since I cannot pull the connectors apart without damage, I would have to replace the male adaptor and elbow (not sure if the 1/2 tubing would have to be trimmed).

The sprinklers are DAN-PC? and there does not seem to be a way to troublshoot them either.

I am using a controller box, and I will not be monitoring the system daily - it must be trustworthy. I don't want to loose trees due to random failures of sprinklers.

Any suggestions? ?(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, December 14th 2009, 7:19am

What have you heard from the designers?

Friday, December 18th 2009, 6:06pm

Designers will replace any leaking parts, and have explained how to clean the sprinklers.

JimLewis

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 12:32am

So the water source is a well??? What kind of filtration have you installed on the system to protect the drip system from sediment coming in from the well water?
Jim Lewis
Lewis Landscape Services - Oregon

Portland Oregon Sprinkler Repair

Rate this thread