You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

yasic

Unregistered

Tuesday, January 19th 2010, 11:18am

Need a top down sprinkler.

Hello,

I have a system set up where I have a green house with many trays standing side by side, and all of these trays need to be watered. Each tray is a square 30 by 30 inches and has sprouts growing within them. I need a sprinkler set up between 1 to 1.5 feet above it (though I could go as high as 2) that would water the entire tray (or as much as possible.) Ideally it would concentrate the water to only the tray and not have it drain off to the sides.

I am completely new to irrigation and am not familiar with the terms or customs. What type of sprinkler head should I buy to accomplish this task?

Thank you for any and all help with this!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, January 24th 2010, 3:28pm

You need to organize your plantings in larger blocks that can be watered (or misted) from a distance greater than a foot or two.

pass1

Monday, January 25th 2010, 12:09pm

low volume misters

You need to go to a greenhouse sprinkler system supply house. They would have access to small diameter,low volume misters that would be appropriate for what you want to do. They can be mounted 2-3 feet above your seedlings and gently mist them as needed. Netafim makes a line of greenhouse misters.. We have done a few greenhouses over the years with such products and they work very well. You can try Griffin Greenhouse Supply in Leola, PA. (717-656-0809 ). They can set you up and supply you with what you need. You can also try Point Source Irrigation in Fresno, CA. Phone, 559-498-6800.

Percy

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 5:50am

Have you considered drip irrigation? It sounds like you have quite a tight working area and need to be accurate in what you do. Drip irrigation is great for targeting exactly the plants or places that you want and it uses less water too.
Check out the drip irrigation equipment that is available online. It might be a whole new way of approaching the problem that you hadn't considered.

Rate this thread