You are not logged in.

Tfast

Unregistered

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 10:14am

Using Same wires to control two valves with seperate timers?

I am adding to my yard and will need multiple new stations. I would rather not have to run a new control harness across the existing yard, lots of reasons that make it quite difficult. It seems to me that with a second timer (station controller) I should be able to use the wiring harness I have already at the central location of my control valves (across the yard and near where I want to run my new lines from). Would I be able to run a separate ground wire from the new controller and then tie into the existing wires at the end of the harness to use those wires for the new valves. While the existing wires would be wired to one side of two different valves it seems only the one with the ground wire to the appropriate controller would actuate. Has anyone done this type of wiring or heard of it? Basically using one wiring harness to actuate two sets of valves from with two different controllers? WOW ... sorry so long and rambling, hopefully you get the gist. Thanks for any input!

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, March 15th 2010, 9:08pm

I read it quickly, but the common should be good. Run it to the new controller and the new valves, but you will have to regulate not running the new timer with the old timer at the same time because of the water pressure.

dan
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 3:54pm

Do be aware that this sort of thing does not reflect so very well on the quality of the system, and of the home in general, and may work against you when you sell the home.

Rate this thread