You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Juan54

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 3:11am

Hunter Controller

I plan on installing a four zone sprinkler system in the spring ,I'm drawing my plan and compiling a material list .I've chosen the Hunter PC 600i, it is expandable to six zones and has all the features I need.Is this a good choice?What are the best valves to use with this controller

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 3:27pm

Everyone has a favorite valve. Old-school installers might point to an Irritrol valve, as they are the Richdel designs from decades ago, now made by the Toro company. I prefer them, as they figure to always be repairable. The specific model number would depend on your specific application. (below-grade in a valve box, or above-grade antisyphon valves)

ldcxyz

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 8:41am

valve?

Assuming that you are using clean water (city water or filtered well water) most any of the name brand valves will work. If your source is unfiltered or irrigation water you may want to consider a dirty water valve such as the Rain Bird PESB.