You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rowlettr

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 12:06pm

Manual bleed on/off?

I have a PGV-151 - Hunter PGV Series 1.5 inch threaded Inlet/Outlet with Flow Control
I manually opened the vale to drain it for winter. I cannot figure out how to manually cloe it. The documentation says "1/2 turn opens the valve". I have turned it both directions, but I don't see how to know if it is closed. Is there a handle/knob position that indicates whether it is closed or not?

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PGV-151
rowlettr has attached the following files:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rowlettr" (Mar 20th 2010, 12:12pm)

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 12:59pm

Is your water suppy pressured up? This may become more obvious if the water pressure is on.

Good Luck

:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

rowlettr

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 1:14pm

It is a low pressure rain collection system, gravity fed. There is a 500 gal tank about 1 ft above the valve. I just want to know if there is a way to tell if this particular valve is closed by looking at it.

Thanks

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 10:01am

I wish My answer did not sound so casual, but with out water pressure you could rotate the solenoid into the closed position hand tight. Please don't over tighten, or you can strip out the threads on the solenoind or valve body. There also may be a bleed screw that needs to be closed, but if you did not open it in probabaly is not open. Only looking at is hard. If you could juice it up. Well, If and should have. Low pressure is always fun to. If it is open with pressure you will hear it (the water passing through the valve).

Dan
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 5:56am

Unless there is sufficient water height (water pressure) upstream of the valve inlet , its proper operation is not guaranteed.