You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

regalkit

Starting Member

Monday, July 7th 2003, 5:17pm

leaky valve

I have a 3 zone sprinkler system but zone 3 has it's heads leaking all he time. I know I've got to find the manifold and change the valve. The problem is I can't find it. There is definitely no visible box . I followed the water pipes and control wires as best as I could, dug up parts of the lawn, even dug up some of my driveway (to my wife's chagrin) but I can't find the valves. Does anyone know any tricks or hints that I can use to find them? Do I have to get a metal detector and go through my whole property?
Please help.
Ben

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 8th 2003, 6:44am

Hey Ben,
Your best bet is to hire and irrigaton company who has a "valvee finder" tool to find your valves. The tool is very costly to buy yourself. To check for valves, ffollow the wire, look around where the water is connected t you main source, if the backflow is inside follow the pipes leading dfrom it outside, or poke around with a pole on your lawn, because sometimes its buryed. Your best bet is to callan irrigation company

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread