You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dry-as-a-bone

Starting Member

Friday, March 26th 2010, 11:39am

Lost - vegetable garden sprinkler system 101

I'm trying to figure out a little sprinkler system for my girlfriend's vegetable gardens. She has 3 small vegetable patches that run down a 60 ft length of fence in the back yard. Two of the patches are about 100 sq ft and the middle one is very small about 30 sq ft.

This is what I've come up with after an hour or so of searching the interwebs and yes I have no idea what I'm doing.

Starting at the faucet I'll install a y-ball valve, then a hose end timer, then a hose vacuum break, inline filter and pressure regulator. Then I'll run the mainline pipe Polyethylene (poly) Tube 3/4 inch, around 70 ft. I will then tap into the poly tube in 3 places with some type of connector and use 17 mm

brown drip line, 12 inches of spacing at .5 gph. - 1/4 dripline looks to be a lot cheaper but is not pressure compensated??

So tell me if this will work?

Is the placement of the pressure regulator correct or do I need one for each vegetable garden/ at each tap into the main line?

Is the 3/4 inch poly tube overkill for a 70ft run with only driplines?

Pressure compensated emitters necessary ???

I've no idea what the water pressure is I assume it's normal :). We are in Colorado so will remove the dripline in winter, not sure if I'll blow out the mainline. Never realized sprinkler systems were so complicated!!! I have money in hand so if you can provide me with a link, I will pull the trigger and buy it all online - irrigationdirect.com looked like they had all that I needed.

Thanks

R in CO :)