You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

nrayhale

Starting Member

Saturday, April 3rd 2010, 4:28pm

error message says fuse

We are getting an error message that says fuse. We have looked in the program box and do not see anything or any fuse. This is a richdell, there fore it is about 20 years old. Can someone please help, could it be the controll boxes that are in the ground.

Tim Daniels

Unregistered

Saturday, April 3rd 2010, 5:44pm

error message says fuse

The error message usually indicates a short, often in a particular solenoid. You can locate it by checking stations after a reset to see which zone has set off the message alert. The other possibililty is a wiring short that can be identified after locating the valve. Wires in the controller are almost always color coded. Once you know the zone check the wiring terminal in the controller to identify the wire color. Go to the valve box outside and match the color. Disconnecting the wire from either the controller or the solenoid will confirm the culprit by stopping the fuse message.

SMB

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 12:08pm

Similar Error Message - "FUSE"

I'm seeing a similar error message on my controller. I have two valves, and the error message says "FUSE" with each valve number shown above it. The manual says this message indicates a short. I've tried several fixes. First, I tried moving the wires from inputs 1 and 2 on the controller to inputs 3 and 4. The same message appeared, except now the valve numbers are 3 and 4, not 1 and 2. This leads me think it's a problem at the solenoids. So I replaced both solenoids and the wiring harness from the controller to the valves. No help there...still getting the same "FUSE" message. I've also replaced the 2 amp fuse, even though it didn't show any signs of being blown. Any ideas about what I can try next?

mrfixit

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 4:29am

I have a question. Did the problem just appear all by itself one day or had someone fiddled with the wiring? Perhaps a gardener. What I'm suggesting is maybe someone hooked the ground wire up with the hot wires and when you rewired you copied what they did so you still have the same problem.

SMB

Unregistered

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 9:27pm

RE: Similar Error Message - "FUSE"

The problem appeared by itself. The sprinkers were working a few weeks ago. There weren't any lightning storms or anything that I know of that could have caused an overload.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 4th 2010, 7:04am

Time for some resistance measurements.

SMB

Unregistered

Saturday, June 12th 2010, 9:15pm

FUSE Error Message Fix

I decided to call the manufacturer (Irritrol). It turns out that there was a specific dial prompt for the "FUSE" error. They provided pre-recorded instructions on how to reset the timer (about six steps), and that solved the problem!

Rate this thread