You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Chinch56

Unregistered

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 5:43pm

Low water pressure on one valve...

My backyard has an automatic sprinkler system with 7 stations. All of the other stations work perfectly fine, however, one valve gets low pressure when it is activated by the controller or the bleed screw. The flow control is open all the way. The controller is brand new and the automatic valve is brand new.

There is another manual valve that is somehow connected to this same set of problem sprinklers only. So it appears that there are two water sources connected to this same set of sprinklers, one automatic and one manual. When I activate the sprinklers using that manual valve, the pressure is fine.

Unfortunately this is how the sprinklers were set up when I bought the house, so I have no idea what the pipe layout looks like underground. Anyone have any idea why it would get low pressure from the auto controller but full pressure from the manual one?

mrfixit

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 12:38am

I can speculate. Supposing there's a clog or a kink in the pipe leading from the automatic valve.
Possibly the previous owner found it easier to install another valve past the clog rather than fix the problem.
You could always make that manual valve automatic and abandon the one that doesn't work.

Rate this thread