You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

p1cfl01

Starting Member

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 4:31pm

None of the zone are watering, auto or manual

RESOLVED: I just tighten all the wire a little and everything started working.

Update: This sprinkler system was here when I purchase the house and they never told me where the box was. Well, after digging a while, I finally fouud the box to be 5 feet away fromt the water supply. Anyway, the worst thing was that there's no box, it's the valves right under the soil and cover with a garbage bag. Well, I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I did see the valves and the 4 solenoid and bunch of wires with wire caps. Can anyone help me what to do next? Should I just change all the solenoid? Again, can all of them fail in one shot since none of them are turning on? From a friend's suggestion, I did buy a new timer and that didn't do anything so my old one is probably still good. I will go and check all the connection of the wires to make sure, but I don't think it's that either since it's burried and it was working last year. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Frankie

UPDATE: I just check the Ohm of all 4 zone, all were under 3 Ohms. It's wierd, how can all 4 solenoid fail at the same time? I can see one or two, but all of them? Can it be the wiring getting old or not connect/lose? But I was told if the wiring is bad, you actually get a higher Ohm number like way above 60 Ohms. Any advise will be appreciated. I will try to look at the box outside when I get a chance.

Thanks

Hi all,

1st post. I tried to start the system for the season. These are the simple steps I took. Turn on the main water for sprinkler system, reset the controller, clean up the dirt near the heads, open the shutoff and turn on 1st time manual watering all 4 zone. Nothing on any zone, try all 4. I was told to use a ohm and volt meter to check the controller for current and continuity. Well I have a meter that was given to me, but I have no clue as to how to use it or how to measure it. The controller is going thru all 4 cycle and seems to be workin. I don't use rain sensor so that's not it. The last thing which require the continuity check is the valves, they might be bad. The system is around 10 years old but has had no trouble before. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Frankie

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "p1cfl01" (May 7th 2010, 11:48am)

Rate this thread