You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ufalco

Monday, July 21st 2003, 8:03am

flower bed

i'm planning to set a zone for flower or scrub bed. i have one area 2'x 28',2'x5' and 2'x8'.i want to use hunter short radius 6 90% and 7 180% 2' radius spray nozzles.anybody think this is not ok and what whould be the suggest think to do.i have already hunter setup 2 zone for my lawn with 4 head in each.my pgm is 8 at 50psi.some one suggested a drigle system maybe will be a better choice to go for.can i put so many head in one zone?.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 22nd 2003, 7:59am

The Hunter Short radius nozzles will call for alot of spray heads, bc you have to space them 2 feet apart.......although they only take up .5 GPM, you can only run 15-16 per zone.......sounds pretty good to me........the drip system also works, but must be properly maintained. On the 2' x 28 you couldalso use the side strip nozzles........

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray

ufalco

Tuesday, August 26th 2003, 4:07am

hi ray first of all thanks for all your help.i finally finish this set up and i end up with 13 head i installed the 2' short radius hunter nozzle and they work fine for the most of them.some of those nozzle don't really open up nicely i check to make sure the was no dirt in the filter and still not a really nice spread.so i dicided to test a few of those micro nozzle spray from hunter witch i like very much and they give a really good soft spray.they also ok to over spray into the lawn area.this is when the trouble started.after i manually shut the valve for that zone and put it on again to show my wife my accaplishemt i notice that all of the nozzle did not pup up and some where having difficulties even to spray like if the was not enough pressure.i took the valve apart to che for dirt and there was none.i went to bed very mad.the next day right after work i try again and work fine.shut the zone off and the same problem occur.i don't understand anymore.by do way i mixt the micro and the 2" in that zone.thas that make a different.i hope yhis novel does not put yuo to sleep.help!!!! i need to gain my wife confident in me.kiiiiten!.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rays Sprinklers</i>
<br />The Hunter Short radius nozzles will call for alot of spray heads, bc you have to space them 2 feet apart.......although they only take up .5 GPM, you can only run 15-16 per zone.......sounds pretty good to me........the drip system also works, but must be properly maintained. On the 2' x 28 you couldalso use the side strip nozzles........

Thanks
Ray
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 26th 2003, 6:37am

Seems a little weird.....is your valve electrically wired to a controller? What happens when the controller turns the valves on an off....which valves operate this system, or perticular zone? What im getting at is that the valve is having trouble completly opening, or .......is the bed rocky? it is possible that there is a little dirt wedged before the first tee.....try this

<b></b><font color="red"></font id="red">Step 1
1. Find the first fitting on that zone after the valve.....dig back down to the fitting,,,,,,,take the fitting off (did you use regular insert tees, or saddle?) and take out the fitting......flush the pipe...and clean out what might be in the fitting...if it is all clear from there....then,,,,,,

<b></b><font color="red"></font id="red">Step 2
Open up the valve....once all insides are taken apart, turn the water on, to flush out the valves completly, and then close the line, and replace all valve fittings......if that does not work let me know

the reason i dont think that therees clogged heads, or nozzle is that you say that sometimes they do work.....??? Let me know
Good Luck!
[:)]
Thanks
Ray

ufalco

Tuesday, August 26th 2003, 7:40am

i already clean the valve and check that the filter and nozzle are clean.i did not wire the zones yet i'm operating it manual.the other 3 zone are ok.i'll receck evething and let you know out it went thanks a lot.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 26th 2003, 6:36pm

any time...hope it works...let me know
Thanks
Ray

ufalco

Friday, September 5th 2003, 4:21am

hi ray.he took me awhile but finally i got to my zone problem.i finally wired the zone and make sure that valve and nozzles where clean.same as before is happining.i have to add one more piece of information for you and the forum.when it was working fine the feed to the valve comming out the house 10' 1/2 pcv pipe going to 3/4 pvc after that with a reducer.this was done under a new install pavers patio.since then i descover a leak under the patio.so a snaked a flexible 3/8 copper and reduce it to 3/4 going to the valve and 1/2 for connected to the house feed.i have 14 head with the 2' hunter short ratio.before this i was getting 8 gpm at 50 psi and was fine.now i don't knon what i get.the other three zone a fine.two zone for my grass with 4 head each and combo of 15' 10' spray nozzle is fine.
the other zone with 6 head with 6' spray nozzle is fine also.do you think maybe i don't have enogh pgm or psi anylonger.thank you very much.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, September 5th 2003, 11:14am

Hey,
Thats cool...yeah sometimes a leak can do that to you......glad everything worked okay....anhytime!
Thanks
Ray

ufalco

Monday, September 8th 2003, 4:30am

hi ray maybe i did not make myself clear.i'm steel having a problem with those 14 head spray.after i fix the leak under the patio.i do not know if now is a psi or gpm problem.is 14 head now too much?.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, September 8th 2003, 10:14am

What is happening with the 14 heads when you turn them on.....sorry for this misunderstanding...did you replace the pipe under the patio with the same size or larger? smaller? the only reason you should have a changed PSI or GPM is if you converted to smaller pipe....anything less that 3/4" is wayy to small.....if the others are working try fiddling with the valve of the 14....the short radius dont take up much wate or PSI at all!
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread