You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

DeanCimino

Starting Member

Tuesday, July 22nd 2003, 4:37am

Gathering data/info before starting

I'm in the process of gathering data to intall a sprinkler system. I would welcome any help with respect to which systems to install.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 22nd 2003, 7:56am

Hey,
If by "which systems" you mean what are the best products here is my personal fav. list Of course depending on the size and pressure will determine the more specific usage of heads, controller size etc.

Rotor = Hunter PGP
Spray = Toro 570 (or) hunter PS (you have to buy seperate nozzles for 570)(best)
Valve = Irritrol 2400T
Controller = Hunter SRC
Rainsensor = Hunter Mini Click
1" Pipe
PVB or DC backflow (dont buy the toro pvb, they tend not to work
And of course what ever else your job calls for......those are the most widely used and best products on the market today

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 22nd 2003, 7:56am

Hey,
If by "which systems" you mean what are the best products here is my personal fav. list Of course depending on the size and pressure will determine the more specific usage of heads, controller size etc.

Rotor = Hunter PGP
Spray = Toro 570 (or) hunter PS (you have to buy seperate nozzles for 570)(best)
Valve = Irritrol 2400T
Controller = Hunter SRC
Rainsensor = Hunter Mini Click
1" Pipe
PVB or DC backflow (dont buy the toro pvb, they tend not to work
And of course what ever else your job calls for......those are the most widely used and best products on the market today

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 23rd 2003, 3:48am

To add to rays list I like using
Funny pipe
Blazing saddle t's
harmony drains
These items make the job go faster and maintaining easier

Thanks,

Pete
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 23rd 2003, 7:05am

Definatly. I use funny pipe lways,,,,(forgot to mention that) ummm saddle tees are great, but i have yet to use drains on my system......we usually just blow out the lines in the winter

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

nperson

Starting Member

Sunday, March 28th 2004, 5:26am

<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial"><font size="1"></font id="size1"><font color="green"></font id="green">
I am researching residental sprinkler systems. When determining the best system, I should consider rotor, spray, valve, controller and rainsensor. Can you explain the function of each piece? Are there any other items I should consider before purchasing?
NPerson

Rate this thread