You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cleon

Unregistered

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 5:01pm

Rainbird 1800 Ratchet Mechanism

Does anyone know when this feature became available on the 1800 (to turn the spray head direction without moving the body of the 1800)? I have been replacing some 1800 and it seems like many of mine don't ratchet, and when I pull the cap off, I can't insert a new 1800 cap and internals...have to replace the body as well. Just curious.

Thanks!

newbie bob

Unregistered

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 5:43pm

RE: Rainbird 1800 Ratchet Mechanism

Along those same lines, I have an old sprinkler system with mostly 1800s that look like they have sunk anywhere from 2-3" below the soil level line. I'm assuming I should raise them to at least soil level so they can clear the grass, and if they are older, and am digging them up anyway, should I go ahead and replace them completely since they look to be about 15+ years old?

I.e., how long do those wiper seals last before blowing out? Also, any suggestions on how often I should pull off the nozzles to clean them and the filters? I'm curious as to the design life of each component (body, wiper seal, nozzle).

Lastly, to raise these units, I was going to use those cut-to-size risers, but since I don't know the sprinkler main line layout, every now and then I'll run across an 'L' riser an the end of the line, which means I can't use the riser extractor tool to get it out...but there is no way for me to know that unless I dig the whole thing out. So...I was wondering if there was any issue with just using a female to female connector to lengthen the existing riser, to avoid having to figure out if I am at the end of a line, or mid-line? I hope that makes sense. Not the best at the lingo here. Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers

mrfixit

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 7:31pm

Water pressure problems=

Cleon, read the last post on that page.

P.S. Bob, next time see if you can start a new post of your own instead of asking your question on top of someone elses. Thanks....

cleon

Unregistered

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 8:31pm

thanks!

Water pressure problems=

Cleon, read the last post on that page.

P.S. Bob, next time see if you can start a new post of your own instead of asking your question on top of someone elses. Thanks....
roger that. thanks for the help. great site and glad i found it.

newbie bob

Unregistered

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 8:43pm

sorry about that - will repost separately

Rate this thread