You are not logged in.

murrsue

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 8:26am

What are the adjustments on my valve?

Hunter PGV-101JT-MB jar top valves.

The Hunter site has all kinds of info on the specifications, features and benefits of the valve but they don't have an actual picture of the valve and the adjustments that says this is for this and this is for that. I have two adjustments on this valve. I assume the bigger knob in the middle is the flow control. What way do you turn it? Can I assume clockwise is off and ccw opens it up/increases the flow? There is also a smaller screw knob. The bleeder? What exactly is this for? Is this little knob what I use to turn the valve manually?

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 2:30pm

Some quick research and a process of ellimination tells me this...

Because it's a model 101 and not 100, it does indeed have flow control, and the flow control knob is in the center of the valve. It has standard rh threads, so turning it clock wise should close off the flow path and therefore decrease the flow, while ccw will open the path and increase the water flow.

As with all valves like these, the valve is turned on/off manually by turning the selinoid... the 'tube' with the wires sticking out of it. When used with a controller, the selinoid lifts the diaphram a little to allow the valve to open. You accomplish the same thing manually by slightly unscrewing the whole selioid.

So by process of ellimination, the smaller knob is the bleeder.

murrsue

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 3:29pm

Thanks!

Thanks that's exactly what I need to know. I'm just installing my system and I haven't got all the wiring hooked up yet and I want to turn each circuit on manually to experiment with different spray tips and get stuff aimed right. It's amazing how much info I found on these valves on the Hunter site and it doesn't tell these simple things.

murrsue

Friday, June 4th 2010, 10:51pm

one correction

I got the first circuit completed today. I turned the water pressure on and opened the little bleeder screw on the first valve and after a little air bled out the sprinkers came on. Never did try turning the solenoid out. Tomorrow I'll get the wiring hooked up but I needed to run one circuit first to figure the best nozzle before I installed the other 45 nozzles.

As for the flow control I just left it full open. Not sure when I would need less than full flow.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 5th 2010, 6:13am

go ahead and throttle down the flow control until it affects the flow, then back it out a half-turn or so ~ that will improve valve performance and lengthen diaphragm life.

murrsue

Saturday, June 5th 2010, 8:02am

Okay

Okay Wet Boots I'll do that. Thanks.

Rate this thread