You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

KeyGordo

Starting Member

Saturday, June 5th 2010, 1:29pm

Controllers that work on monthly cycles?

I'm installing a sprinkler system in my back yard, to replace my hose and squirter (nice technical term). I've been watering deeply (about an inch of water each time) once a month during the summer (this is Southern Calif, and we get rain from about November to May, the rest of the year we're in desert conditions). I've been looking for a controller that will do the same thing for my new 4-zone in-ground system, but all the options at my local Home Depot offer a max of one cycle per week. I suppose I can water for shorter periods more often, but the grass has done fine with its one-a-month spritzing. Anybody seen a timer that will work on a monthly cycle?

mrfixit

Saturday, June 5th 2010, 4:39pm

The Pro-C has up to a 31 day interval. This is an excellent controller.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-Pro-C-Series-3-Station-Indoor-Controller-p/pc-300i.htm

The controller comes as a 3 station. You'll need an expansion module.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-PCM-300-Pro-C-Series-3-Station-Module-p/pcm-300.htm

There's also an outdoor version.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-Pro-C-Series-3-Station-Outdoor-Controller-p/pc-300.htm