You are not logged in.

Nicholas

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 1:41pm

Low pressure at far end of zone

My zone 2 runs (both automatically and I can engage it with manual override) and the sprinklers on the first part of the run have good pressure (they are stationary pop ups) the latter part of the zone has rotating pop ups (which have had fine pressure until recently) has low pressure. I noticed the other day that one of the rotaters was stuck and it would not pop up ( I think a truck or car must have parked on it) so I dug it out thinking that there was a break at this point and there was no broken pipe and I replaced the unit. But I still have low pressure at that end of the run. I have not been able to find any wet spots on the lawn so I don't think there is a break in the pipe. Can a zone valve that only opens partially cause this problem ? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 5:27pm

partially-opening zone valves are far rarer than leaks not found or tree roots choking off a pipe

mrfixit

Wednesday, June 16th 2010, 2:25pm

Turn the valve on with the bleed screw and see if you have full pressure that way. If so the problem is in the valve. If not the problem could still be the valve. As boots suggested there could be a problem with a lateral line. Let it run longer. Sometimes a break can take a long time to surface. Be observant.

Nicholas

Thursday, June 17th 2010, 5:20am

Low Pressure at far end of zone

Turn the valve on with the bleed screw and see if you have full pressure that way. If so the problem is in the valve. If not the problem could still be the valve. As boots suggested there could be a problem with a lateral line. Let it run longer. Sometimes a break can take a long time to surface. Be observant.

Thanks.. I let the system run longer and found a wet spot.. dug it up and found break in fitting.. and have replaced..

Thanks again :thumbsup: