You are not logged in.

Jhon

Wednesday, June 16th 2010, 1:36pm

Not sure what's wrong

I have one zone (of 8) with 4 stream rotors that leaks 24/7 - the only way to stop it is to physically turn the water supply off. The Valve at the manifold is a Rainbird APAS-100-P and the stream rotors are Rainbird 32SA's. When I turn on the water supply and manually test from the control box they work fine, however when the timer goes off they still leak :?:

mrfixit

Wednesday, June 16th 2010, 1:54pm

99% of the time it's the valve causing the problem. 1% the controller. I may have given the controller too much credit.

First of all the valve in question isn't worth 5 cents. Get rid of that junk valve or you can be lazy and just swap out the

actuator. This works very well. You'll need the 1" actuator.

www.irritrol.com/valves/valves_300s.html

Jhon

Friday, June 18th 2010, 12:45pm

Not sure what's wrong

Thanks for your insight. I went to the link that you provided. They seem to have alot of choices. Do you know the difference between Irritrol's 2713APR and RainBirds 100 ASVP Valves? Given my experience with RainBirds APAS-100-P (I just found out that another zone has been leaking for some time) I question the quality of either as a replacement since they appear to be the same design. Someone just told me that if there is no repair kit for a valve chances are it is meant to be disposable..........? Suggestions?

mrfixit

Friday, June 18th 2010, 2:17pm

My personal preference is the 2713APR or the 2711APR depending on the size of your pipes. The Rainbird 100-ASVF sometimes crack and they squeel. I don't like having to explain to a home owner why their brand new valve squeels, grunts and groans. I don't understand it or like it myself. The Irritrol valve wont crack under normal circumstances.

Make sure you flush out the manifold of debris.

You can still find repair parts for your APAS-100-P. Don't bother though. That particular valve IS disposable.
One of the worst valves ever made. Don't confuse it with the 100-ASVF. Two totally different valves.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 3:40pm

Irritrol also makes the Lawn Genie brand of actuators, which are very like the Irritrol 623 actuators. They would probably operate more smoothly than the 300 series of actuators.

Rate this thread