You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

C5 ChemE

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 7:09am

Puddle around head while lowered- leaking head?

Alright, first off please forgive my inexperience. I have puddle forming around one of my sprinkler heads when its retracted. It seems to be a slow leak, as I can't hear or see any flow coming from it, but there's definitely water coming from it when it's not supposed to be. Is this a symptom of a bad head or a bad valve? If a valve, does each head have a valve under it or is it one valve per zone? Thanks in advance for the help! :thumbup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 8:31am

If it leaks 24/7 then it is a valve problem - find and repair the valve that feeds that zone

C5 ChemE

Saturday, July 3rd 2010, 8:12am

If it leaks 24/7 then it is a valve problem - find and repair the valve that feeds that zone
If it's a valve problem, wouldn't ALL of the valves in that zone be leaking? It's only one of them.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 9:34am

No - a "weeping valve" will pass only a small amount of water that will exit the lowest head on a zone.

Rate this thread