You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wakeboarder141

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 12:26pm

Water pouring out of anti-siphon valve when turning on sprinklers

When I moved into my house it already had a rainbird pop up sprinkler system in the front yard. It has 2 manual valves in the ground, as well as 2 anti-siphon valves that come out of the ground next to them. One of the valves apparently has no effect, as I only have 1 zone of sprinklers and they all come on when I turn the first valve on. My question is; is it normal that as I turn the sprinklers on the anti-siphon valves poor water out of the top of them until the sprinklers pop up? It normally takes 10-20 seconds as a large amount of water pours out of the top. The anti-siphon valve will thump as it "closes" and the sprinklers all pop up. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 1:08pm

If the water stops flowing out from under the antisyphon valve cover, once the zone comes up to pressure, then all is good.