You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ohiorebel

Friday, July 9th 2010, 6:36am

Control valve will not shut off

My sprinkler system (toro valves) has 8 zones. everything operates normally up to zone 5. When zone five finishes and zone 6 comes on, zone 5 fails to shut off. When zone 6 shuts off so will zone 5 leaving zones 7 and 8 to operate normally. Any suggestions on what will cause this problem? The system was installed in 1997.

I suspect the problem could be

(1) the valve diaphragms are failing in the valve that controls zone 5 I also found out the valves I have are no longer made (flo pro 2800514). Will another model Flo pro valve diaphragm work? Or do I have to replace the valve manifold or

(2) the timer could be causing the problem. If it were the valve causing the problem why would it shut off after zone 6 finishes in theory it should continue to run with all the zones.

Any Suggestions?

Rich

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 9th 2010, 7:01am

In the long run, you will be grateful for expending the time and effort to replace all the Flo-Pro valves. They stopped making them for a reason.

ohiorebel

Friday, July 9th 2010, 7:20am

I agree but...do you think it might be the controller causing the problem? I'm planning on changing the valves out soon, but if I could delay that would make life easier for me now.

mrfixit

Friday, July 9th 2010, 3:16pm

Try swapping the number 5 and 8 wires on the controller. This way the valve might shut off when it's done watering.

ohiorebel

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 6:12am

Thanks for the suggestion!