You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

johnson J

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 6:57am

Back yard Sprinklers never used

I moved into a house that has a working front irrigation system. The previous owner had lines run in the backyard but never used them. How do i test these? or better yet, find the existing sprinkler heads in my backyard. The backyard zones are not controlled by the panel like the front yard so i cant make them pop up. I have noticed that there is a second PVC pipe that dosen't have a pump on it, could it be that i need to install an additional pump on the backyard? I know where the control panel is in the ground and i see three control valves, is this something i can do myself? or should i hire a professional?

If anyone has anyhelp, or ideas id appreciate. Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 7:08am

no rhyme or reason here - you get to do the legwork (and shovel work) that will reveal what is there

johnson J

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 8:23am

more specific

no rhyme or reason here - you get to do the legwork (and shovel work) that will reveal what is there

Is there a way to post pictures on here, id like to show you what im talking about so that i can get better help, i know how to dig out the sprinkler heads, my problem is finding them?? Also, if there is a second PVC comiing out of the ground near the pump that is not attached, does that mean that i need to get a second pump or attach this PVC to the current pump i have? Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 9:15am

How are you going to know what is connected to what, unless you see it with your own eyes? If there is a connected water supply feeding the back yard, you have to find the supply valve and open it.

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 3:15pm

What about starting with a phone call to the previous owner? He would know what was installed.

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester

Rate this thread